Tuesday, November 11, 2014

CPH;DOX - Web Junkie


Yesterday I kindly forced my friend Sigrid to come with me to Copenhagen to watch Web Junkie at CPH;DOX. First of all, even though Empire Bio is insanely hard to find if you haven't been there before it is a beautiful place. Second of all the screening we went to was actually attended by one of the directors of the film and she had a little Q&A afterwards which was so cool, and she was the sweetest lady. Finally - I really liked this film. Even though it would have been nice to see some of the kids actually play on the computer, it was really insightful and kind of scary in the way that the picture it painted of reality seemed so abstract. I thought the documentary was honest and to some degree humorous as you came to root for the guys in rehab. 

I sadly don't think they are going to screen it anymore in Denmark but CPH;DOX has an amazing lineup besides this, so you should definitely check that out - their website is here, and if you're interested in this movie in particular and you're from Denmark I'll link the Soundvenue review here. x

No comments:

Post a Comment